Application & Process
Get started today!
The application deadline for the Science Workshops for Educators has passed. Thank you for your interest. Please keep us in mind for next summer! The application will open for 2014 summer workshops in late January 2014.
If you are selected for a workshop, the costs are as follows:
- In-state participants: $300 tuition fee per workshop
- Out-of-state participants: $500 tuition fee per workshop
- For a full listing of benefits and costs, please see Fees and Funding
Please note: NASA employees and NASA contractors are not eligible for the workshops. You must also be a U.S. Citizen to attend the workshops.
- Apply for the workshop(s) of your choice.
- You will immediately receive a confirmation email that your application has been received and is being reviewed. Contact us at email@example.com if you do not.
- Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will be notified of your acceptance status by email (some time in April) and receive a tuition fee bill from the Pennsylvania Space Grant Consortium.
- A tuition fee ($300 for PA residents, $500 for non-PA residents) will be expected after you receive your acceptance email. Participation in the workshops is very competitive. You will have 14 days to pay the tuition fee before your seat will be given to a teacher on the wait list.
- After you are accepted into the workshop, you'll receive information to help you apply to the Penn State graduate school at http://www.gradsch.psu.edu/portal
For additional assistance, please consult this instructional step-by-step PDF on how to apply to the Penn State Graduate School.
- Two weeks after applying to the graduate school, you might receive a letter in the mail stating whether or not you have been accepted to PSU. Disregard the instruction in the letter to visit the Bursar and Registrar websites - the Space Grant staff will register you for the course and pay your tuition bill. Again, Once you are accepted to the graduate school, our office will register you for the class, YOU DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF.
If you have any questions about this process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pennsylvania Space Grant Consortium office will send you information on the workshop and the pre-course materials, including orientation information, after you have been successfully registered for the workshop.
- Finally, you show up for the workshop and learn lots of neat, new things!
It was great to be able to speak with other teachers who teach similar subjects and age-levels.
I am looking forward to networking with my classmates.
Anonymous 2009 Workshop Participant